Who is the School Community Council and what do they do?
Every school must have a School Community Council that consists of the principal, school employees and parents. The majority of members are parents. Parents represent parent perspectives on issues and in votes made by the council.
The council is responsible to review and propose changes to academic school plans each year. The School Improvement Plan and School LAND Trust Plan outline the student’s greatest academic needs and include an action plan to address them. Both plans are approved by the local school board and then implemented at the school. The School LAND Trust Plan is implemented with funds that increase every year. The council decides how the money is to be spent in the plan.
Councils have other responsibilities:
- Parents may bring issues of concern to the council seeking solutions. The council may choose to address them or recommend another group or entity better suited to implement solutions.
- The council may also create programs or projects to improve the parent, student, and faculty school experience.
- They may make recommendations to the administration of the school and district.
COMMUNITY COUNCIL: 2019-2020
Proposed Meeting Schedule: Meetings held in Riverview Junior High School Library Large Conference Room at 3:15-4:15 P.M. on the following dates:
- October 7, 2019
- November 21, 2019
- December 19, 2019
- January 16, 2020
- February 20, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- April 16, 2020
Community Council Members:
- Chair (Parent): Natalie Dansie
- Vice Chair (School Employee): Julie Hebertson
- Director (Principal): Earl Kauffman
- Secretary: Jessica Taylor
- School Employee: Delight Page
- Parent: William Shumway
- Parent: Kimberly Anderson
- Parent: N. Dieng
- Parent: Bryon Anderson
- Parent: Kelly Taeoalii
Riverview Junior High Allotment of Land Trust Funding for 2019-20: $91,032.00
COMMUNITY COUNCIL: 2018-2019
Riverview Junior High Allotment of Land Trust Money for 2018-2019: $82,883.00
COMMUNITY COUNCIL: 2017-2018
Meeting Schedule: Meetings held in Riverview Junior High School Library Conference Room at 3:00 P.M.
- October 26, 2017: Agenda,October Minutes
- November 30, 2017: November Agenda,November Minutes
- January 25, 2018: January Minutes
- February 22, 2018:
- March 22, 2018: March Minutes
- April 26, 2018:
Riverview Junior High Allotment of Land Trust Money for 2017-2018: $75,448.00